Also in my DT pack this month are two more Singles stamps featuring cut-glass bottles or perhaps they could be decanters – Crystal Cut and Murano Glass. Both are two stamp sets – the bottle and a ‘scent-iment’. I wanted to highlight the glass element, so created two cards using apertures and acetate. Clean and simple designs, they show off the stamps wonderfully. Oh, and don’t make the same mistake as me: remember that the image on the front of the pack is not actual size… That’s how I ended up with the ‘close up’ in the aperture!
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Stamps: Murano Glass / Crystal Cut
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Silver Shine Metallic
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Heat Emboss Acetate
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Sailboat Blue / Wild Plum / Raspberry
Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink Blending Solution
Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Ink Fillable Pen (filled with Blending Solution)
Ranger Distress Ink Pad: Seedless Preserves / Picked Raspberry
- For my cards, I cut an oval aperture 7cmx4.5cm, and a frame that was marginally smaller on the inside and 1cm wider on the outside curve (using my electronic cutter).
- Next print the stamp onto clean acetate sheet (you may wish to wipe with an antistatic bag to remove fingerprints) using the Perfect Medium ink. Cover with the embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set, taking care to move the heat tool around to avoid the acetate buckling.
- Place the aperture on some waste paper, trace around the hole with a pencil. Lay the printed acetate over the outline and then trace around the outline adding about 0.5cm margin so that it overlaps the aperture. Cut out.
- On the FRONT, add thin layers of Sailboat Blue alcohol ink by picking it up with your blending pen nib and dabbing it – this is the ‘glass’ colouring. Clean your nib by drawing on a clean sheet of paper until the colour leaves the nib.
- On the REVERSE side, colour in the contents of the bottle – I used mixes of Raspberry and Wild Plum. If you want a speckled effect, dab with the blending pen after the ink has dried on the acetate. If it all goes wrong, wipe off with some blending solution on a tissue, dry and try again.
- Put a thread of Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue around the front of the aperture and stick down the acetate oval to cover the hole. Stick the frame over the top using foam pads. Add the sentiment in the coordinating distress ink directly to the card.