I started this page layout on Tuesday night as my teaching sample for my ‘Christmas Crackle’ art journal session on 7th November. Building up layers and techniques, I was very happy with the resulting background. I then spent just as many hours searching for the perfect ‘winter’ quote. Eventually I settled on this excerpt from ‘Do not stand at my grave and weep’ attributed to Mary Frye.
Used in this layout:
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: Primary Cyan
- DecoArt Media Gesso: White
- DecoArt Media Crackle Paint: White
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: Grunge Flakes [CMS098] / Mini Holidays [CMS066]
- Stampendous: Cling Elegant Scroll [CRP248]
- Kaisercraft: Crackle [CS876]
- Ranger Archival Ink: Shadow Grey / Sky Blue / French Ultramarine
- Posca pen (1M)
- Ranger/Dylusions Paint Pen: White
- Ranger Stickles: Diamond / Icicle / Frosted Lace
- Snowflake punches from Woodware
In memoriam to John Michael Burley (1945-2016).