Creative Expressions have produced a myriad of nautical themed stamps ready for the male card recipients in your life – and this is just one, the Creative Expressions Singles Ship in a Bottle stamp set, complete with the Father’s Day sentiment.
For a printable worksheet, including templates for the bottle stand, click here.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Stamps: Ship in a Bottle
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Silver Shine Metallic
Heat Emboss Acetate
Grime Boss Hand Wipes
Teresa Collins Designer Paper Pad
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Foundations A4 Card: Coconut White / Kraft / Dark Roast Ground Coffee
Walnut Hollow Brass/Gold metal sheet
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Ranger Distress Ink Pads: Vintage Photo
Ranger Distress Markers:
Antique Linen/Vintage Photo/Walnut Stain/Stormy Sky/Faded Jeans
Inkssentials Opaque Pen: White
Ranger Glossy Accents
Ranger Fine Tip Waterbrush
- Dust a piece of the heat emboss acetate with an antistatic pad to remove finger marks, then stamp with the ship stamp using Perfect Medium. Cover with the silver metallic embossing powder, and tap off the excess, returning it to the jar.
- Using a dry brush, remove the powder from the ship and sea areas, wiping the brush clean on kitchen paper between strokes. Heat set the bottle outline using your heat tool.
- Using a Grime Boss hand wipe, wipe off the remaining Perfect Medium where you brushed off the powder. Use the smooth side! Fussy cut right next to the embossed outline and set aside.
- Stamp the bottle again in the black Archival Ink onto Coconut White card. Use your heat tool to thoroughly dry the ink. Colour in the image using the Distress Markers. Use a water brush to add shading – pick up colour from the marker nib.
- Fussy cut round the sea and ship, as well as the cork. Using Glossy Accents on the sea only, stick the ship to the bottle. Stick the cork sections in place also.
- Cut out the stand using the templates included in the worksheet from each of the card colours indicated. Layer up using the Cosmic Shimmer glue.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the metal sheet using Archival Ink: try not to press too hard as it may slide. Cut out and curl ends around a cocktail stick to shape. Glue to the stand with Glossy Accents.
- Cut the background paper to size and edge with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Mat onto more of the dark brown card. Assemble the card, using foam pads to add depth and the glue to stick down the background.