This is the last of the floral themed creations – we’re going to the seaside next month 🙂
The lilies are out again, this time in a gilded earthenware vase. I’ve used the same reinker watercolour technique as last week for the colouring, but added in the wonderful Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes to add a bit of bling and opulence. I’ve left off a sentiment again as this could be suitable for so many eventualities.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Single Stamp Sets: Lily Spray / Earthenware Vase
Cosmic Shimmer Coloured Pearlescent PVA: Golden Pearl
Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes: Summer Meadow
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Cosmic Shimmer Flake & Glitter Glue
Foundations A4 Card: Milk
Ranger Archival Ink Pad: Jet Black
Ranger Distress Marker: Peeled Paint
Ranger Distress Reinkers: Vintage Photo / Scattered Straw / Tea Dye
Ranger Tim Holtz Fine Waterbrush
Ranger Inkssentials Cut’n’Dry Pen Nibs
- Print and colour the lilies as described in last week’s post, using the Distress Marker to draw in the stamen stems.
- Print and colour the vase, covering the whole piece with the Tea Dye colour. Dry off with a heat tool ensuring it is completely dry before moving on.
- Using the cut’n’dry pen nib, carefully add some of the Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter Glue to the moulded areas of the vase and allow to dry.
- Take a few Gilding Flakes and press down onto the vase, brushing loose bits onto glued areas until they are all covered. Burnish with your finger before brushing away the excess flakes with a dry brush.
- Overprint with the same stamp and Archival Ink to add in the obliterated lines – you may find it useful to use a stamp positioner.
- Assemble the card as last week, sticking the lilies to the back of the vase to line things up, enhancing with foam pads.
- Cut a 10 cm circle from the Milk card stock, cut an 8cm circle from that, and mark regular distances around the middle ready to add the Golden Pearl PVA drops. Do so, and allow to dry before assembling the card.