Regular readers won’t be surprised to learn that I have been spending quite a lot of time making samples and prepping demos for my shows on Hochanda last Friday. It’s one reason that there have been very few blog updates recently, as there’s always a media embargo on sharing things before the shows go out. Now that they’re over though, here is one of the 8×8″ journals I decorated for the occasion.
Each spread uses the Pentart Matt Acrylic Paints in a baby-wipe swiped layer, stamped and stencilled, to give a tone-on-tone effect. Some worked well (purple and orange), others not so well (mentioning no names, green). The fine applicator nib is great for painting outlines and letters, as I demonstrated on air.
Used in these layouts:
- That’s Crafty! 8×8″ white/greyboard journal (tabbed)
- Pentart Acrylic Primer
- Pentart Matte Acrylic Paints (20ml): Chestnut / Black / Apple Green / Amethyst / Blue / Magenta / Yellow / Ivory / Orange
- Pentart Velour Varnish
- That’s Crafty! 8×8″ stencil: Cog Clock / Big Floral / Alphabet / Tina
- That’s Crafty! Word Series Stencils: Happy / Discover / Imagine / Journal / Create / Time
- That’s Crafty! Clear Stamp Sets: Textures Collection Set 1 & Set 2 / Lynne’s Affirmations Set 1 & Set 2
- Ranger Archival Ink: Monarch Orange / Vivid Fuchsia / Saffron Yellow / French Ultramarine / Deep Purple
- Ranger Stickles: Stardust / Yellow / Neon Flamingo
- Embellishments: 3D printed from file