Another part of this month’s DT goodie pack was the That Special Touch ‘Rulers’ mask. I wanted to use it with the sparkle texture paste and came up with this card design, revisiting the fabulous Creative Expressions Antique Dressforms stamp set.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Antique Dressforms stamp set
Creative Expressions Half Wooden Spools
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Bright Gold Metallic
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste: Aurora Sparkle
That Special Touch Mask: Rulers
Foundations A4 Card: Milk / Dark Roast Coffee / Kraft
Spellbinder Die: Labels Fourteen
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Ranger Archival Ink Pad: Wendy Vecchi Potted Soil
Ranger Distress Ink Pad: Vintage Photo
- Cut a piece of Kraft card to 3.5″x5.5″ and tape the Rulers mask down over it. Press the Aurora Sparkle paste through it with a palette knife or plastic card. Remove the excess, lift the stencil and allow the card to dry. Be sure to clean the paste off the stencil and tools immediately with soap and water.
- While that’s drying, stamp the dress form onto another piece of Kraft card using the Potting Soil Archival Ink and cut out.
- Cut out the labels from the Kraft and Dark Roast Ground Coffee using the dies, print the sentiment using the Perfect Medium, cover with the Bright Gold Metallic embossing powder. Tap off the excess and heat set.
- [Optional] Once the texture paste is dry, add pieces of tissue paper from a dress pattern, by painting an area with matte multi-medium, layering on the tissue and then smoothing down with more multi-medium. Allow to dry.
- Blend some Vintage Photo Distress Ink round the sides and across the Half Spool embellishments, as well as round the edge of the dress form.
- Cut a 4″ piece of Milk card from the long side of the full A4 sheet and fold along the middle to make the portrait format card with the fold at the top.
- Assemble as shown using the Cosmic Shimmer Glue and foam pads to stick things down.