Back to the bags this week – specifically the Creative Expressions Bijou Bag Singles pack, containing the bag and the sentiment stamps. I decided to quilt the bag just to give a bit of a different appearance and texture. The principle is simple enough to make the card, though it’s not a quick make due to all the fussy cutting! This would also work well to frame some home decor pieces too.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Bijou Bag Singles stamp set
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Bright Gold Metallic
Ranger Perfect Medium: Clear
Ranger Distress Ink: Seedless Preserves
Foundation A4 card: Milk/Rich Plum
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
- Firstly, stamp six bag bottoms onto Rich Plum card stock using the Perfect Medium, cover with embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set. Fussy cut round the flourishes as shown in the main photo.
- Stamp and emboss a whole bag onto Rich Plum and emboss. Cut out the top and bottom sections as shown.
- Stamp the bag onto Milk card using the Seedless Preserves ink and cut round the inside edge of the bag (making it slightly smaller and removing the handle). Working with the ink on the bottom, stick down some felt/lint/wadding onto the top, cover with a piece of fabric (e.g. calico), and then stick edges round to the printed back using the Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue.
- Stick the Rich Plum bag sections to the quilted fabric front using the Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue.
- To make the hexagon mount, use a pair of compasses to draw a hexagon of radius 3½ inches onto Milk card and cut out. Repeat with a radius of 3¾ inches onto Rich Plum card and cut out.
- Print the sentiment onto Milk card stock using the Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and mat onto Rich Plum card.
- Assemble the card using foam pads and Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue. If you wish to mount it onto a card, it will fit onto an 8×8″ card. If you’d like to trim the card to the hexagonal shape, place the fold at the top and remember not to trim it off!