Another in my series of mini-characters is this unsure cuboidroid with a faux brushed steel finish. By combining various paints and varnishes, the dulled patina plays against the satin clean metal. I am amazed at how small an expression is required to anthropomorphise an otherwise inanimate/non-human object.
This little chap/ess is available to purchase – do contact me if you’re interested. Previous characters are here.
For the technically-minded
- 3D design by me, using Autodesk Fusion 360
- 3D printed on Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus, using Anycubic black ABS filament
- Primer: Hycote Grey Primer spray paint
- Paint effect:
- DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics: Metallic Silver, Paynes Grey
- DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream: Raw Umber
- DecoArt Media Varnish: Ultra Matte, Stain