I’m still playing with the stencils/masks from That Special Touch for my card this week – it’s the 6×6″ Art Deco Elements again. I wanted to make a classic white on kraft colour combo, and after a bit of trial and error, discovered that the Perfect Medium pad isn’t soft enough to get into the finer bits of the stencil. That’s where a piece of Cut ‘n’ Dry foam came in handy. I’ve also made a video of the process – I’m a bit rusty on the commentary side of things, my apologies. I’d love to know if you find the ‘live’ demonstration helpful.
And for the British spelling purists, this is also a stencilled card.
You will need:
That Special Touch Mask: Art Deco Elements
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: True White Detail
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA: Dark Bronze
Foundations A4 Card: Kraft / Dark Roast Coffee
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Ranger Inkssentials Cut ‘n’ Dry Foam
Grime Boss hand wipes
- Mask off the area of the stencil that you wish to use so that ink doesn’t go anywhere else. Place over the Kraft card.
- Using the Cut ‘n’ Dry foam to transfer the ink from the Perfect Medium pad through the stencil (the Perfect Medium pad is too hard to go through the finer areas of the stencil on its own).
- Peel off the stencil and cover the inked area with the embossing powder. Tap off the excess and heat set. Repeat for the remaining three corners.
- Clean the stencil with a Grime Boss hand wipe.
- Cut the embossed motif to a square (mine was 5¾” each side) and mount on the dark brown card before gluing onto your card stock using the Cosmic Shimmer glue.
- Mark up your motif with placement points for the pearlescent PVA dots and then add these – leave to dry naturally.