Also in my goodie package this month from Creative Expressions were two new Singles stamps, Ivy Corner and Botanical Spray. Each features a leafy sprig, along with a cute insect. I decided to get my Distress Markers, Vintage Mist and pearl PVA out to use with them…
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Stamp Set: Ivy Corner / Botanical Spray / Perfect Poppy
Creative Expressions Organza Ribbon Roses: White
Cosmic Shimmer Coloured Pearlescent PVA: Vintage Pink
Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist: Raspberry
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Foundations A4 Double Sided Paper: Shades 4A-2C
Ranger Distress Markers: Peeled Paint / Forest Moss / Scattered Straw
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
- Ink up the sprig stamp with the Peeled Paint Distress Marker, dab on areas of Forest Moss and stamp directly onto your card. Repeat as required, and bear in mind only sections can be coloured in on a clean stamp.
- Add drops of Vintage Pink PVA to embellish and set aside to dry.
- Meanwhile, take an organza ribbon rose and spritz it with the Raspberry Vintage Mist. Leave it somewhere warm to dry, and repeat as required to get the shimmer/colour you desire. Stick down to the card with Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue and leave to dry.
- Punch out leaf shapes from both sides of the Foundations two tone paper, and cut several in half with scissors. Cover over the opposite colour with the half and stick down with the Cosmic Shimmer Glue. Leave to dry before embossing lines on the leaves and folding them slightly along the cut line. Stick around the rose using the Cosmic Shimmer Glue.
- Cut out a label, mat it onto the Foundations Double Sided Paper and print the sentiment from the Perfect Poppy stamp set using the Peeled Paint Distress Marker to ink it up. Mount onto the card with foam pads.
- Finally ink up the insect stamp with Jet Black Archival Ink and print onto the card where you’d like to mount it. Next print again, after reinking, onto white card stock for the bee, or red for the ladybird. Cut out and mount onto the card using foam pad. Colour in the bee stripes with the Scattered Straw Distress Marker.