Oh I’m so not at my creative best at the moment with a head
full of snot cold threatening to drip on my creations (too much info?)… And this card isn’t highly perfumed because of my lack of a sense of smell at the moment! Despite feeling rotten, I managed to continue using the perfume-themed stamps sent to me this month by Creative Expressions – this card features silver embossed ‘Scented Corner’ and ‘Scented Border’, coloured with Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Watercolour paints and embellished with coloured PVA.
Just before the shopping list, don’t forget the BSSBS on 12th-13th April at Ally Pally, early; bird discount of £1 off for tickets booked before 8th April. See you there! Click for details:
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Scented Corner
Creative Expressions Singles Scented Border
Creative Expressions Singles Crystal Cut two stamp set
Creative Expressions Dazzlers: Assorted Circles / Small
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Silver Pearl Lustre
Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Watercolour Paint Set 6: Luscious Greens
Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Watercolour Paint: Pastel Aqua
Cosmic Shimmer Coloured Pearlescent PVA: Cobalt Blue
Foundations A4 Card: Pale Grey / Cobalt
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Ranger Archival Ink: Cobalt Blue
Tim Holtz water brush: Fine tip
- Ink up the corner stamp with Perfect Medium and stamp four times onto the Pale Grey card. Cover with Silver Pearl Lustre embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set. Allow to cool and then cut out.
- Stick the corners down to the Cobalt card using the Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue as shown. Cut out, leaving a border around the grey sections.
- With clean water in the water brush, pick up the paint colours in turn and colour in: I used Pastel Aqua for the circles and centre areas, Harebell and Sapphire Sparkle for the centre diamond shapes and Marine Sea for the outer borders. Allow to dry.
- Stick a small dazzler circle into the centre using Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue to secure. Allow to dry
- Add Cobalt Blue PVA dots to embellish and allow to dry.
- Meanwhile, stamp the border onto the side of a C6 white card, cover with embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set.
- Print the sentiment from the Crystal Cut stamp set onto a piece of Pale Grey card using the Cobalt Blue Archival Ink. Mount onto the Cobalt card using the Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue and cut to size. Mount onto the card using foam pads.
- Finally stick down the medallion motif onto the card using Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue on the bottom half of the reverse of the motif to secure.