While I’m working on next week’s 3D piece, I thought I’d just do a quick Mother’s Day card using the Floral Background stamp from Creative Expressions again. I sort of hoped it would remind the viewer of a woodland walk, so used their fabulous Bark embossing folder as well. Bit of grungy rust-effect as well and the look was complete 🙂
You can download a worksheet here, or read on for making instructions…
You will need:
Creative Expressions Floral Background Unmounted Stamp
Creative Expressions U-Mount A5 sheet
Creative Expressions Embossing Folder: Bark
Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue: Dark Bronze
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Drawing Ink Sets: Garden Twist / Soft Velvet
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Detail True White
Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Wax: Midnight / Autumn Bronze / Vintage Golden Green
Foundations A4 Card: Coconut White / Dark Roast Coffee
Ranger Perfect Medium ink pad: Clear
Ranger Distress Ink Pad: Vintage Photo
Ranger Distress Embossing Powder: Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Harlequin Elements Grungeboard
- Ink up the stamp with Perfect Medium and print onto a piece of Coconut White card. Cover with embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set. Leave to cool.
- Using the Summer Haze Acrylic Ink from the Soft Velvet set, paint the flowers. Using the Soft Moss, fill in the leaves. Paint the background with Meadow Lime. You can paint over the lines as the embossed areas will resist the water-based ink. Tilting the card will also help with shading. Allow to dry and repeat to add more shading.
- Next, cut a piece of Dark Roast Coffee card to approx. 2 inches wide and as tall as your card and emboss using the Bark embossing folder. Trim along the creases to make a ‘trunk’. Rub Midnight gliding wax over the left side, Autumn Bronze over the right and Vintage Golden Green along the middle. Finally, rub a layer of Midnight gilding wax over it all and buff.
- Trim the flower background to give a small border and then mat onto Dark Roast Coffee using Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue to stick down. Stick down onto your card. Stick the trunk down to the card using foam pads to add depth.
- Take one of the brackets from the Grungeboard Elements pack and cover with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using an applicator tool or piece of Cut’n’Dry foam. While the ink is still wet, cover with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder and tap off the excess – rub off other areas of powder to leave a patchy covering. Heat set until the powder becomes dark and matt. Finally, rub off the release crystals with the pad of your thumb or fingers: using distress embossing powder gives a rust texture and appearance. Affix to the card with foam pads.
- Create the sentiment label by stamping/printing and matting onto Dark Roast Coffee card and affix to your card with foam pads. I used short pieces of copper colour wire pushed into the foam pads to make the ‘hangers’. Finally, fill the bracket hole with blobs of Dark Bronze Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue.