This week’s challenge over at Passion for Promarkers is ‘make your own embellishments’ [Week 95]. I’ve used ProMarkers as part of each embellishment as well as on the main image. Hope you like it!
The leaves are punched from Ryman’s 200gsm brilliant white coated card and coloured and shaded with Tan/Caramel/Cocoa ProMarkers. They were then lightly embossed using embossing tool pressing into a sheet of funky foam to add shape and texture.
The flower is die cut with Paper Artsy Grunge Flower (small) from Bazzil Bling ‘Hollywood’ which gives it its pearlescent sheen. Each of three layers was printed with images from the Paper Artsy Hot Picks HP1004 stamp sheet using Memento Tuxedo Black. I edged each layer with Cocoa ProMarker before shaping them to form the flower. Once all the glue was dry, I airbrushed the flower using Cocoa ProMarker and a Letrajet tool to add shading and choosing the tone to match the main image. The centre are punched daisies coloured with Sunflower and Gold ProMarker.
The main image is described elsewhere on the blog – for details click here.
The stars are made from white shrink plastic and were punched and pre-shrunk before colouring with Sunflower/Gold ProMarkers. I preferred the uneven colour to that obtained by colouring before shrinking the plastic (which also intensifies the colour). I coloured the edges of the stars for completeness.
The ‘tortoiseshell’ effect under the stars was created using Cocoa ProMarker liberally applied to a sheet of smooth acetate before being sprinkled with Ranger’s Alcohol Blending Solution. This causes the alcohol-based ProMarker ink to move around. Once it was dry, I applied double-sided tape to the entire width (ink-side) to stick it to the card. I tried using the Blending Pen to achieve the same effect, but it just wasn’t wet enough to move the ink round reliably.
And finally, the scrapbook papers were Villeroy and Silver Birch from the Basic Grey Porcelain Collection. I guess I could have completed the ProMarker embellishment challenge by ageing them with a bit of an airbrush or shading… but I didn’t think of that at the time 😉