For my penultimate DT project for Creative Expressions, I’ve gone all sparkly! Featuring heat embossing, two types of glitter, two types of coloured PVA and two types of card, this relatively clean and simple card is packed full of winter sparkle.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Festive Collection:
Vintage Bauble Craft Dies
Stamps to Die For: Snowflake Bauble
Creative Expressions Double Sided Adhesive Sheets (A4)
Cosmic Shimmer Silver Shine Metallic Embossing Powder
Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels: Diamond Sprinkles
Cosmic Shimmer Polished Silk Glitter: Brilliant Blue
Cosmic Shimmer Pearlescent PVA: Cobalt Blue
Cosmic Shimmer Crystal PVA: Sparkle
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Foundations A4 Card: Cobalt / Coconut White
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Heatproof Acetate Sheet
- Wipe over the acetate sheet with an antistatic powder bag to remove fingerprints.
- Stamp the bauble image using the Perfect Medium ink.
- Cover the stamped image with embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set.
- Cut roughly to size, and stick down to one side of a piece of the double sided adhesive sheet.
- Die cut the bauble using the smaller of the outline Vintage Bauble dies.
- Peel off the backing sheet and cover the adhesive side with the Diamond Sprinkles – rub in with your finger, then tap and dry brush off the excess.
- Rub in a small sprinkle of the Brilliant Blue Polished Silk Glitter, filling the gaps between the larger glitter jewels. Tap and brush off the excess.
- Stick to a piece of Coconut White card, mat onto Cobalt and then again onto Coconut White.
- Cut a sheet of Cobalt in half and fold to make a C5 card. Mount your image onto the front using the Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue.
- Print and heat emboss the sentiment onto Cobalt, cut to size and stick onto the card.
- Finally, add pearls of Cobalt PVA to each corner of the image border, and Crystal PVA dots between them, as shown. Leave overnight to dry naturally.