I was wondering how to use the fabulous beach/summer themed stamps from Creative Expressions for this week’s DT card as the sky clouded over and the temperature dropped. Though it’s allegedly summer (according to the meteorologists), this card captures memories of beach-side sun far better than the grey clouds outside! Framed by a Polaroid instant photo size frame, the individual images are layered to give depth and allow easier stamping and colouring. A perfect snapshot of summer.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Stamps:
Beauty & the Beach / Marina Bay / Sandcastle in the Sun
Creative Expressions Umount A5 Stamp Plate: All Occasions Sentiments
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Drawing Ink set: Skin Tones
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Foundations A4 Card: Cobalt / Coconut White
Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Card
Ranger Distress Reinkers:
Dusty Concord / Mustard Seed / Wild Honey / Barn Door / Tumbled Glass
Pumice Stone / Stormy Sky / Spiced Marmalade
Ranger Archival Ink Pad: Jet Black
Ranger Tim Holtz Fine Waterbrush
- Cut out three squares 8.5cm on each side from the white card
- Stamp the Beauty and the Beach image at the bottom of one using the archival ink
- Stamp the Sandcastle off the left hand edge onto the second
- Stamp the lighthouse stamp about a third of the way down on the third, half way across. Stamp the seagull in the top right corner.
- Start colouring by painting in the skin areas using the Skin Tones set: use Cosmic Tone as a base and adding Warm Delight for shaded areas.
- Using the reinker inks as watercolours, pick up the colour using the water brush and paint in the rest of the images. Use the Wild Honey to add shading to the sand areas and blonde hair.
- Whilst allowing the images to dry completely, cut out your Polaroid frame: 3½”x4¼”, aperture 3⅛” square / 8.8cm x 10.7cm, aperture 7.9cm square.
- Cut out and layer the dry images using foam pads, sticking down the frame to the top layer.
- Cut the Cobalt card slightly smaller than your card, and stick down using the Cosmic Shimmer glue. Stamp the sentiment from the All Occasions set using white paint. Stick down the completed image using the Cosmic Shimmer glue to finish your card.