Here’s another floral number using this month’s featured Singles stamps from Creative Expressions. I’ve coloured these with the distress reinker watercolour technique onto watercolour paper, and embellished with a bit of decoupage to add depth and a Watts-dots circular border 🙂
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Stamp Sets: Floral Spray / Cut Glass Vase
Cosmic Shimmer Coloured Pearlescent PVA: Vintage Plum
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Foundations A4 Card: Amethyst
Ranger Archival Ink Pad: Jet Black
Ranger Tim Holtz Fine Waterbrush
Ranger Distress Reinkers:
Mowed Lawn/Evergreen Bough
Dried Marigold / Spiced Marmalade
- Print both flower stamps onto watercolour paper a three times using the Archival Ink (which is waterproof when dry and won’t run when painting over it). Heat set with a heat tool, or leave overnight to completely dry.
- Using the water brush, dip the tip into a drop of the reinker and brush into the area to colour it. Mix similar colours to create shading, or layer the same colour over a dry layer to create shadows. Clean your brush of colour by brushing on non-stick sheet and wiping off – this stops the water wicking too fast from the water brush pen and drying the nib.
- Once you’ve finished the colour, dry completely and fussy cut around the outline.
- Repeat with the Cut Glass Vase. Leave the stems until you’ve placed the flowers in place and then continue the stems through the vase with a slightly diluted green.
- Trim the stems to size as you stick the flower bunches to the reverse of the vase initially to build up the bouquet. Add foam pads behind the flower clumps here and there to create depth.
- Meanwhile, cut out a 10cm diameter circle and remove an 8cm diameter circle from it, using the Amethyst card stock. Mark regular points around the circumference and then place drops of the Pearlescent PVA, and leave to dry.
- Assemble the card using foam pads and Cosmic Shimmer Glue.