This is the last of my posts using this month’s featured stamps. I’m back to the Creative Expressions Singles ‘Scentiments’ and taken the image from the thank you stamp to paint with Distress Reinkers. Quite a quick make in a clean and simple style.
Just before the shopping list, don’t forget the BSSBS on 12th-13th April at Ally Pally, early; bird discount of £1 off for tickets booked before 8th April. See you there! Click for details:
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Thank You
Creative Expressions Singles Crystal Cut
Foundations A4 Card: Cobalt
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Ranger Distress Ink Pad: Salty Ocean
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Ranger Distress Reinkers:
Shaded Lilac/Salty Ocean/Mowed Lawn/Tea Dye/Squeezed Lemonade/Peeled Paint
Tim Holtz Fine Tip Water Brush
- Ink up the image element of the Thank You stamp with Jet Black Archival Ink and stamp onto some watercolour paper. Heat set or leave to dry completely.
- Using a suitable palette or your non-stick craft mat place a drop of the reinker ready for use – be aware the colour is very concentrated. Work the water brush into the ink to dilute it, and then paint the image.
- If the colour is too strong anywhere, clean off ink from your water brush, and work water into the area before dabbing off with a clean tissue/paper towel.
- If you want to keep colours from running into one another, dry with a heat tool before moving on. You can add shading by adding another layer of the same colour to areas that are dry.
- Matt onto layers of watercolour paper and the Cobalt card.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Crystal Cut set onto watercolour card using the Salty Ocean ink pad and cut out and mount.
- The card ribbon was made by cutting and folding sections of a strip of card before glueing down to the card.