This month’s Creative Expressions Design Team projects include two new Singles stamps: Get Well Soon and Thank you. I’ve embossed the outlines onto watercolour paper, adding to the attractive distressed look and coloured using Distress Markers and a water brush. The clean and simple look is finished off with matting onto card and a few dots of coloured PVA from Cosmic Shimmer.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Stamps: Thank You / Get Well Soon
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Detail Black
Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue: Vintage Plum / Choco Brown
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Foundations A4 Card: Rich Plum / Dark Roast Coffee
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Ranger Distress Markers:
Peeled Paint/Dusty Concord/Mustard Seed/Tumbled Glass
Vintage Photo/Mustard Seed/Rusty Hinge/Spiced Marmalade
Tim Holtz Water Brush: Fine Tip
- Start by printing the Thank You stamp onto watercolour paper using the Perfect Medium ink pad. Cover with the embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set. If you have a particularly rough paper, you may not have a perfect print, but don’t worry.
- Colour in the image with the Distress Markers, and then move the colour around with the water brush, cleaning the brush in between colours. This is what gives the water colour effect. For the Tumbled Glass, draw around the borders of the areas and then pull the colour to the middle using the water brush. If the colour is too intense, you can wet with water then dab off with a clean tissue, or wipe over with a wet wipe. Add Mustard Yellow to the centres, and use the fine tip to add detail on the flowers and around the ‘T’.
- Finish the card by matting onto Rich Plum card stock using the Cosmic Shimmer Glue, and add embellishment with Vintage Plum PVA.
- Stamp the Get Well Soon stamp and emboss as above.
- Fill in the swirls with Mustard Seed, and the background with Vintage Photo. Use the water brush to move the colour around and dab off with clean tissue.
- Add details and shading using the fine tip of Rusty Hinge and Spicy Marmalade markers.
- Mat onto Dark Roast Coffee card stock using the Cosmic Shimmer Glue and add embellishments with Choco Brown PVA.