The Couture Creations Dreamboat 3-in-1 sets include coordinating clear stamps, embossing folder and dies that work together in so many different combinations.
And one randomly selected person commenting on this project before the closing date will win a fabulous prize package:
– Zentangled Saying Pre Cut Stamp
– Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue
– Cosmic Shimmer Silver Shine Detail Embossing Powder
THE PRIZE WINNER HAS BEEN SELECTED – further comments are welcome, but are no longer eligible for the blog hop prize package.
If you want to sign up to follow my blog, the widget is right at the bottom of the comments… and here is my project for the blog hop:
You will need:
Couture Creations Dreamboat: Doilies 3-in-1 set
A4 sheet Foundations Milk cardstock
A4 sheet Foundations Dark Roast Coffee cardstock
Ranger Liquid Pearls: Dark Chocolate
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Denim Lilac Aurora
Cosmic Shimmer Angel Fibres: Enchanted Metallics
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Clear embossing ink (e.g. Ranger Perfect Medium)
A dark brown Distress Ink (e.g. Walnut Stain) and applicator tool
- Use the largest die to cut out one shape from white card stock. Ink the lower of the two medium circles on the stamp with embossing ink and print onto the cut piece, lining up the stamp to the shape. Cover with embossing powder, tap off excess and heat set.
- Repeat using two die cuts of larger of the two daisy type dies and emboss using the petalled circle toward the top of the stamp.
- Repeat using two die cuts of the smaller daisy type die and emboss using the centre of the first circle you using in 1.
- Finally, die cut two pierced hexagons and emboss with the pattern in the centre of the other medium circle on the stamp set.
- Using the embossing folder, emboss pieces of Milk card stock – you need one of the largest circle (bottom left), and two of the medium circle above. Cut these out with a knife or scissors, leaving a small border.
- Edge the embossed sections with the brown Distress Ink to soften them, then the embossed pieces as shown using foam pads. Top off the layer with a punched flower centre and add Liquid Pearl dots as desired.
- Prepare the Angel Fibre background by laying some out on a clean sheet of paper and then laying another over the top prior to ironing over with a medium hot iron – you only need to do it briefly. If heated enough, a flat sheet results that doesn’t fray. If heated too much, it will shrivel and discolour. Attach to the Dark Roast Coffee card stock with double sided tape and trim to shape.
- Cut a strip of Milk card stock and edge with Distress Ink. Cut a narrower strip of Dark Roast Coffee card stock and notch either end – stick down to previous strip. Cut two further brown strips, slightly wider, bend to make a bow and stick down. Add embossed and mounted sentiment and finally the two hexagonal embossed shapes.
- Mount all the layers together and embellish as desired with Liquid Pearls.
Thank you for visiting my blog, please leave a comment below in order to be in with a chance of winning a prize!
Once you have done that, you will need to click here to visit Donna Ratcliffe’s blog.
To help you along the way, here is a list of the Blog Hop:-
Start page, prize details and how to take part: Creative Expressions News Blog. The blog hop started on Tuesday 19th November at 10am and ends Friday 22nd November at 5pm.
- Kim Robertson
- Pam Smith
- Neil Burley (this page)
- Donna Ratcliffe
- Tracy Heaton
- Kerry Hickton
- Kim Dellow
- Trace Metcalfe
- Cathi O’Neill
- Tracy Evans
Thank you for taking part in our Blog Hop – good luck!
I’ll be posting five more Dreamboat Collection projects on Saturday, and my normal weekly post for Creative Expressions tomorrow (Wednesday). Keep coming back for creative inspiration 🙂
AS SEEN ON CREATE & CRAFT TV over weekend of 16th-18th November 2013.