I’ve been sent some new goodies for April DT posts for Creative Expressions 🙂
First up from my goodie package are the brilliant Sparkle Texture Pastes from Cosmic Shimmer. These are slightly thicker than their clear texture paste, so keep to shape a little better. The coarse glitter doesn’t interfere with smoothing on too much, so this stencilled card was quick to make (aside from drying time). I did the stencilling in two goes, one for each colour, but more precise appliers may be able to do it in one go.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Singles Crystal Cut
Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste: Sea Green / Aurora Sparkle
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Lapis Black Aurora
Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist: Antique Green
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Foundations A4 Card: Kraft / Dark Roast Ground Coffee
That Special Touch 6×6″ Mask: Sunburst
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Spellbinder Labels Fourteen Die
- Stick down the mask to a piece of Kraft card using a low-tack masking tape and tape over the rays if required. Swipe the Sea Green sparkle texture paste into the stencil using a palette knife or other suitable tool. Clean tool and stencil with water immediately after lifting off the card stock. Allow everything to dry.
- Repeat the process, this time filling in the rays section with the Aurora Sparkle texture paste. Allow to dry.
- Make a spray mask by spraying the mist through the mask onto waste card stock and cutting out the centre section once dry. Place the mask over the dry stencilled sparkle paste and spritz with the Vintage Mist so that the centre is pearlised. Dry with heat tool.
- Cut out the starburst once dry (circle diameter 14.5cm) and mount onto a 15cm circle cut from the Dark Roast Ground Coffee card using the Cosmic Shimmer Glue. Mount onto a C6 card using the glue, with half overlapping the fold line.
- Make the ribbons and labels from Kraft and Dark Roast Ground Coffee card stock. Stick the ribbon layers together and mount onto the card using foam pads.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Crystal Cut stamp set onto the Kraft label using the Perfect Medium ink, cover with the Lapis Black Aurora embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set. Mount onto the Coffee label using the glue and then onto the card with a foam pad in the centre and glue on the left and right edges to create a curve.