The first Monday of the month sees my monthly art journal evening at the Studio, and next week the theme is ‘never been used’. I’ve asked studio guests to bring something from their crafty stash that they have never used, and we’ll be incorporating them into our beautiful art journal pages.
In prepping my sample for the session, I came across an embarrassment of unused kit deep in folders, drawers and baskets. I think I will need to do more of these! I know I’m not alone, so what do you think – anyone fancy a ‘never been used’ challenge blog?
Here’s my show page, worked in my very first art journal from 2011 on a background that I’d not yet used:
Used for the first time in this layout
- Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations Shadowpress: Beautiful A2 border 
- Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz: Tiny Textures [CMS042]
- Kaisercraft Collectibles: Miss Empire [CT759]
- Prima Marketing Iron Orchid Decor Cling Stamps 
- Deep Red Cling Stamps: Grunge Borders [5X704010]
Also used in this layout
- Acrylic paints for background [can’t remember which!]
- Ranger Multi Medium: Matte
- Ranger Distress Ink: Victorian Velvet / Tea Dye
- Versamark ink pad
- WOW! Embossing Powder: Bright White Super Fine