Clean and simple this week – a couple of quick makes showing off Creative Expressions’ featured background stamps for this month’s design team makes. The A6 size makes them ideal for card making, and I’ve combined them with pearlised embossing powder, spray and ribbon for a classy (and classic) white-on-white finish.
You will need:
Creative Expressions Floral Background A6 unmounted stamp plate
Creative Expressions Swirl Background A6 unmounted stamp plate
Creative Expressions U-Mount Repositional Mounting Cushion A5
Creative Expressions Dazzlers: Large Square (also in Assorted set)
Creative Expressions Silky Crush Ribbon 1.5″: White
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder: Arctic Pearl Lustre
Cosmic Shimmer Mist: Pearl Mist
Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic Glue
Foundations A4 Card: Coconut White
Ranger Perfect Medium Ink Pad: Clear
Label die, e.g. Spellbinder Labels Fourteen
- Cut a piece of Coconut White card to 1cm smaller than your card.
- Mask over the top half of the card with a clean sheet of paper.
- Ink up one of the background stamps with the Perfect Medium and holding the stamp in landscape format, print over the bottom half of the card. Cover with the embossing powder, tap off the excess and heat set.
- Next, make a ‘buckle’ for the ribbon by cutting a piece of card 1.5cm wide and 4.5cm long. Fold into thirds. Stick the middle third down to the back of the large Dazzler. Cut a length of ribbon about 2.5cm/1in wider than the embossed card and fold over the middle so that it fits the ‘buckle’. Glue down the tab over the top with the Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue. Stick the ‘buckle’ to the middle of the card.
- Open out the ends of the ribbon, fold over the edge of the card and stick down with double sided tape or a line of Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue. Mount the embellished card onto your white cardstock with foam pads.
- Print out or stamp your sentiment onto suitable card and cut out the labels using the dies or other cutting tool. For the matting layer, spritz with the Pearl Mist and dry. Mount onto the card using foam pads.