Another of my projects featuring Creative Expressions’ Antique Dressform stamp set. This one is sporting a few embellishments that I wouldn’t consider to be my normal style, but the ribbon roses (also from CE) matched the theme perfectly and made a great pin cushion for the various pins I nicked from my quilting stash. No step-by-step photos this week, but there’s still a kit list and instructions for those that want them:
You will need:
Creative Expressions Antique Dressform stamp set
Pronty MDF Wall Panel Rectangle 22x14cm
Ranger Distress Crackle Paint: Rock Candy
Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Inkssentials White Opaque Pen
Foundation A4 card: Milk/Kraft
Ranger Distress Paint: Tarnished Brass
Ranger Distress Ink: Vintage Photo
Creative Expressions Organza Ribbon Roses: White
Creative Expressions Three Crystal Bead Pins
- Coat the front of the MDF panel with a cream/ivory/light tan acrylic paint and dry.
- Coat the top with a layer of Rock Candy Distress Crackle and allow to dry naturally.
- Dab a couple of times with the Tarnished Brass Distress Paint and rub into the cracks using a wet wipe – ideally the cracks darken and no paint is left on the top of the crackle surface. Allow to dry completely.
- Wipe over more of the cream acrylic paint using a wet wipe – this takes the shine off the crackle paint surface, and softens the cracks. Allow to dry.
- Meanwhile, stamp each of the antique dressforms onto Milk card stock using the archival ink and fussy cut out. Dab a couple of areas with Vintage Photo Distress Ink using an applicator tool or piece of sponge.
- Mount onto the dry plaque using foam pads.
- I used an electronic cutter to cut out the lettering from Kraft card stock – you might have stamps or die cuts or chipboard letters you might use instead. Use the opaque white pen to draw stitching round the edge and allow to dry before mounting onto the plaque with foam pads.
- Stick down the ribbon roses to the plaque (I used Pinflair glue) and spike them with a variety of pins. I also swiped them a couple of times with the distress ink applicator just to tame down the whiteness a little.
- Now all you need do is identify a door that is suitable to label 😉