It’s Wednesday and Creative Expressions DT Day for me – the featured stamp set for the month is the fabulous CE Winter Flowers. For this project, I’ve mounted them one of the new Pronty MDF plaques available from CE. For more making details, read on 🙂
You will need:
Creative Expressions Winter Flowers unmounted stamp set
Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paint: Autumn Twist
Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
Pronty MDF Wall Panel Rectangle 16x10cm
Foundations A4 card: Milk/Dark Coffee Roast
Ranger Archival Ink: Potted Soil
Ranger Distress Crackle Paint: Rock Candy
Ranger Distress Paint: Antique Linen
Ranger Distress Ink Pad: Vintage Photo/Walnut Stain
- Firstly, prepare the MDF panel. Paint on Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint following the directions and allow to dry. Paint over with Antique Linen Distress Paint – squeeze some out onto a non-stick craft sheet and then apply with a brush for fiddly areas such as the mouldings. You may need a second coat. Allow to dry. Blend in some distress inks across the whole plaque, working it into the cracks. Rub off some of the ink with an almost dry damp baby wipe/tissue to weather the surface.
- Stamp the flower images onto Milk card using Potted Soil archival ink.
- Shade the images with the Cosmic Shimmer Autumn Twist watercolour paint – drag paint from darker areas to the lighter areas with a clean wet brush to blend areas. If any area becomes too dark, add clean water and then dab with a clean cloth/tissue to lift some of the pigment. Cut out each flower once dry.
- Stamp each of the flower names onto Milk card with Potted Soil archival ink and then cut out before mounting on Dark Roast Coffee card.
- Stick down the various elements to the plaque, shaping them with your fingers and adhering them with either foam pads or Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue to create depth and layers.