I’ve finished another module, and this time it’s graphics and illustration. We were set the brief to draw natural forms and then collage the observational drawings before selecting areas for simplification, stylisation and ultimately producing artwork based on the illustrations. My drawings were mainly based on hedgerow seed heads, as you’ll see. The theme was also 1950’s prints, such as those by Lucienne Day, hence some of the colour schemes and styles. Finally, we had to put our artwork onto various items to see how they worked in different sizes.
To get the images on the mugs, I used Letraset’s Safmat inkjet sticky back transparencies, and to get the image onto the candle, I printed onto tissue paper stuck to a paper carrier page and then melted it into the wax with a heat tool.